Monday, January 16, 2017

Launching for Antarctica, maybe (by Jack)

January 16, 2017

Unless the weather forecast takes a big change for the worse between now and tomorrow morning, we will be launching for Antarctica tomorrow (January 17) and returning to Punta Arenas the next day.

In theory, you can track us and even send a short message to us enroute using the link below...

But, don't worry if the tracking isn't working or stops suddenly...the device we use for this purpose is a little finicky.

If the weather forecast changes to be below our minimums, we will gladly cancel and wait some more. We are cowardly pilots. As the old saying goes, there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots. We all want to be old pilots.

We will check-in once back from down south.